Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - Installation (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-installation/)
-   -   Moving Messages Automatically (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-installation/91318-moving-messages-automatically.html)

Antiherome June 8th 09 05:46 PM

Moving Messages Automatically

First let me apologize right up front for any technical mistakes I make in
the description. I am using outlook 2003. I would like outlook to
automatically move all of my messages from the server to my personal file. I
would swear that it used to do that but our IT guy re-imaged my machine and
had to set it up again and now I have to do it manually. first can outlook do
this and if it can how can it be done? I have tried to create a rule but that
is sort of hot or miss. I want it to do it with every message all the time.

Thanks for any help.

Roady [MVP] June 8th 09 08:55 PM

Moving Messages Automatically

Add a pst-file to your mail profile and set it as your default delivery
location.
You can do this in Tools- Account Settings- Next- drop down list at
bottom.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook] June 23rd 09 05:18 PM

Moving Messages Automatically

"Antiherome" wrote in message

First let me apologize right up front for any technical mistakes I make in
the description. I am using outlook 2003. I would like outlook to
automatically move all of my messages from the server to my personal file. I
would swear that it used to do that but our IT guy re-imaged my machine and
had to set it up again and now I have to do it manually. first can outlook
do
this and if it can how can it be done? I have tried to create a rule but
that
is sort of hot or miss. I want it to do it with every message all the time.

If you follow Robert's advice, while you'll get what you're requesting, you'll
also lose most of the benefits of using an Exchange mailbox. You should keep
your delivery location set to the mailbox, not to a PST.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]