Microsoft Exchange in Outlook 2007 Security Issue

Old May 9th 09, 05:03 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Michael Treadway

Default Microsoft Exchange in Outlook 2007 Security Issue

I have noticed in Microsoft Outlook 2007 with Service Pack 2 on the following
Operating systems there is a small security risk for privacy of data.

Vista Ultimate SP1 64 bit

Windows XP Professional SP3 32 bit

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit edtition latest build.

I setup an MS Exchange account, Setup successfully. Launch Outlook, Get a
box wanting password which is good. But if I press cancel enough time and
wait and my Outlook launches and all my mail is completely visible to anyone
who wants to access private info. (Password Protecting the computer of course
as work around)

On Windows XP it will bring up the password box but also just shows you the
email right away vs hiding it. Cancel enough times and you got full access to
viewing all emails.

Anyone else experiencing this? apologies for wrong thread area.
Old May 9th 09, 02:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
neo [mvp outlook]

This is expected behavior because the data is coming from the offline
storage table (.OST) and not the Exchange server.

"Michael Treadway" wrote in
message ...

Old May 11th 09, 02:52 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

You should always lock the computer when away from the keyboard.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...s/default.mspx or point your