delete button doesn't move items to deleted items folder

Old April 15th 09, 10:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Anne

Default delete button doesn't move items to deleted items folder

When I click on the Delete button, it doesn't move a message to the deleted
items foler, the message is just gone. Even when I drag an item to the
deleted items folder, the message disappears. It's driving me crazy. I can
drag an unread item to the deleted items folder, and it will stay there until
I read it. Once I've read it and go back to the in box, then back to the
deleted items folder, it's GONE. What do I do so that I can drag items to
the deleted items folder and click on the X to delete items so they will go
to the deleted items folder?
Old April 15th 09, 11:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Hal Hostetler [MVP-P/I]

Go to 'View|Current View' and make sure "Unread messages in this folder" is
NOT selected. When this option is turned on, it has the effect of making a
message disappear as soon as it is marked "Read".

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE
www.kvoa.com -- KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ.

Old April 15th 09, 11:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

"Anne" wrote in message

When I click on the Delete button, it doesn't move a message to the deleted
items foler, the message is just gone. Even when I drag an item to the
deleted items folder, the message disappears. It's driving me crazy. I
can
drag an unread item to the deleted items folder, and it will stay there
until
I read it. Once I've read it and go back to the in box, then back to the
deleted items folder, it's GONE. What do I do so that I can drag items to
the deleted items folder and click on the X to delete items so they will go
to the deleted items folder?

Check the view you're using in the Deleted Items folder. If it's the "Unread
Messages" view, switch to the "Messages" view instead.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]