Outlook 2007 Auto Complete

Old January 24th 09, 02:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Coach17

Default Outlook 2007 Auto Complete

Hello All, This is my first post here and I hope someone can help.

I am having trouble with auto fill when creating a new email. If I type
in someones email address in the TO section it will work again if I have
not closed Outlook 2007. When I open Outlook again the email addresses I
have typed previously do not come up and they should. I do have it set
up properly. I have suggest names on the TO CC and BC under Tools
Options.
From some research I believe it has to do with the NK2 file. I have
done a complete search on my machine and it does not exist. I am using
Windows XP Home
__________________

--
Coach17
Old January 24th 09, 03:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
DL

The 'username'.nk2 file is a hidden file, if you delete it, it will be
recreated, but empty.
You cannot edit the nk2 file other than with third party utilities
Are there no entries when you start typing?

"Coach17" wrote in message

Hello All, This is my first post here and I hope someone can help.

I am having trouble with auto fill when creating a new email. If I type
in someones email address in the TO section it will work again if I have
not closed Outlook 2007. When I open Outlook again the email addresses I
have typed previously do not come up and they should. I do have it set
up properly. I have suggest names on the TO CC and BC under Tools
Options.
From some research I believe it has to do with the NK2 file. I have

Old January 24th 09, 05:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook][_2_]

Your issue suggests a corrupt profile.

Create a new one under Control Panel-Mail Icon-profiles. Create a new
one, do not copy your old one.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

ALWAYS post your Outlook version.

After furious head scratching, Coach17 asked:

Old January 24th 09, 05:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Coach17[_2_]

I did know that it is a hidden file. Before I did the search I let all
hidden files be visible. I actually did not have this feature since I
installed Office 2007 Professional. I came from Office 2000. The only
time I get an auto complete is if I have not closed Outlook 2007. If I
leave it open it is ok. From what I can tell is that is is not
creating the .nk2 file so when I re-open Outlook I cannot get it to
come up with even the last email address I typed.
I did run a repair from the Office disk but that did not help.

DL;3167470 Wrote:
The 'username'.nk2 file is a hidden file, if you delete it, it will be
recreated, but empty.
You cannot edit the nk2 file other than with third party utilities
Are there no entries when you start typing?

"Coach17" wrote in message
...-

Hello All, This is my first post here and I hope someone can help.

I am having trouble with auto fill when creating a new email. If I
type
in someones email address in the TO section it will work again if I
have
not closed Outlook 2007. When I open Outlook again the email addresses
have typed previously do not come up and they should. I do have it
set
up properly. I have suggest names on the TO CC and BC under Tools
Options.
From some research I believe it has to do with the NK2 file. I have

Old January 24th 09, 07:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Coach17[_3_]

Currenty the profile reads "microsoft outlook internet settings" I went
to add and gave it a name. It started a seach and then said it could not
find Verizons settings. I am now lost. Also will this affect
everything that has been saved?

[_5_];3167613']Your issue suggests a corrupt profile.

--
Coach17
Old January 25th 09, 02:03 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
DL

http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/newprofile.htm
You need your ISP (verizon) settings
No it wont effect old data

--
Coach17

Old January 25th 09, 07:25 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook][_2_]

You will have to manually configure your Verizon settings. Their web site
has instructions.

Old January 25th 09, 01:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Coach17[_4_]

I created the new profile and set it to manually ask which profile to
use and that worked fine. When I opened up Outlook none of my previous
emails were there and my folders I had set up. How do I get all of my
emails etc. into this new profile?
I do appreciate all of your help.

DL;3168320 Wrote:
http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/newprofile.htm
You need your ISP (verizon) settings
No it wont effect old data

...-

--
Coach17 -

--
Coach17
Old January 25th 09, 04:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
DL

Within Outlook, select properties of Personal FoldersAdvanced Check name
and path of the data file - probably outlook1.pst -
Then FileOpenData File.........open the outlook.pst file
A second set of Persoanl Folders will be shown, in tree View, check that you
have the right data file, if so drag and drop folders/msgs to the topmost
(default set) of Personal folders (dont drag Inbox, or any other default
folder, but only the mail in it)

DL;3168320 Wrote:
http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/newprofile.htm
You need your ISP (verizon) settings
No it wont effect old data

...-

--
Coach17 -

--
Coach17

Old January 26th 09, 03:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Coach17[_5_]

Thanks for all of your help. I have everything worked out and is
working fine now.

DL;3168518 Wrote:
Within Outlook, select properties of Personal FoldersAdvanced Check name

and path of the data file - probably outlook1.pst -
Then FileOpenData File.........open the outlook.pst file
A second set of Persoanl Folders will be shown, in tree View, check
that you
have the right data file, if so drag and drop folders/msgs to the
topmost
(default set) of Personal folders (dont drag Inbox, or any other
default
folder, but only the mail in it)

...-

DL;3168320 Wrote:-