Outlook2007

Old January 10th 09, 11:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Rick

Default Outlook2007

Just installed office2007 trial version. I can not access outlook. The
message is "microsoft exchange not available". What should I do?
Old January 10th 09, 11:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
DL

Assuming you are not using Exchange, use the mail applet in the control
panel to remove the exchange account and configure the correct one

Old March 16th 09, 01:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Ben

I just installed Outlook 07 and set up an exchange account by accident. I
don't have an exchange server to connect to, but Outlook cannot open since it
cannot setup my folders or access anything. I have to click okay or cancel
and regardless of the option Outlook closes. I understand that the proper
way to remove this exchange server association is to open the mail options on
the control panel, unfortunately it only appears after the exchange server
has been successfully established. My bind - I cannot get into Outlook to
modify my profile, and the 'mail' feature is nowhere to be found in the
Control Panel. I have tried removing and reinstalling Outlook with a reboot
in between to no avail. Can someone please help me access my Outlook 07?
Thanks.

Ben

Old March 16th 09, 02:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Are you using Vista x64? If so, Mail is under 32 bit apps group in Control
panel. Also, if you type Mail in the start search field (Start menu) the
mail applet (and Windows Mail email application) will come up. The Control
panel Mail has a bluish green round icon with a white envelope - if you use
small icons it resembles a globe in the Start menu.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...s/default.mspx or point your
newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

Old March 16th 09, 11:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Ben

Thanks Diane!

I am using Vista x64. And I used the control panel in classic view. When I
switched back to "Control Panel Home" then chose Additional Options View
32-bit Control Panel Items - there it was (along with Text to Speech).

I was able to get Outlook up an running. Very much appreciated.

Ben