Outlook 2K won't install to hard disk

Old November 26th 08, 06:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
weetoots

Default Outlook 2K won't install to hard disk

I had to re-install windows xp home. Clean install, etc. Normally when I
re-install my office 2K I put everything on the HD, and then I can see what
is installed in windows explorer and I can re-install my copy of
"outlook.pst".
this time when I installed, I can only see MS/Office, no file called
"outlook.pst".
On my desktop is the Outlook icon, but when I check it's location there is
no target info.
What am I doing wrong in the install? I have tried typical and custom,
neither give my a folder in windows explorer.
TIA
Old November 26th 08, 07:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
DL

You have to configure outlook, then it will create a outlook.pst file during
the process.
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/choosingmode.htm

Old November 26th 08, 08:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
weetoots

"weetoots" wrote in message
I had to re-install windows xp home. Clean install, etc. Normally when I
re-install my office 2K I put everything on the HD, and then I can see
what
is installed in windows explorer and I can re-install my copy of
"outlook.pst".
this time when I installed, I can only see MS/Office, no file called
"outlook.pst".
On my desktop is the Outlook icon, but when I check it's location there is
no target info.
What am I doing wrong in the install? I have tried typical and custom,
neither give my a folder in windows explorer.
TIA

Thanks, that helped. It's all fixed.

Old December 2nd 08, 04:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

"weetoots" wrote in message

I had to re-install windows xp home. Clean install, etc. Normally when I
re-install my office 2K I put everything on the HD, and then I can see
what
is installed in windows explorer and I can re-install my copy of
"outlook.pst".

If you reinstalled Windows, unless you saved your PST it's gone.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]