Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - Installation (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-installation/)
-   -   Outlook 2003 (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-installation/81496-outlook-2003-a.html)

lloyd November 8th 08 11:09 PM

Outlook 2003

How do I start outlook 2003 on a new install so I can set up user accounts.
When I click the outlook icon on the desk top outlook displays the splash
screen with a small box in the upper left corner labeled "Configuring
Outlook". In the box the message says "Configuring Outlook Accounts"
"Creating Welcome Message".
Outlook immediately goes "Not Responding". I have to bring up the Task
Manager to close outlook.

L.J.M.

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook] November 10th 08 06:43 PM

Outlook 2003

"Lloyd" wrote in message

How do I start outlook 2003 on a new install so I can set up user
accounts.

Don't set them up with Outlook. Set them up either in the Mail applet in
Control Panel or by using a PRF file. Then start Outlook. See the Profile
Wizard contained in the Office 2003 Resource Kit.
http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...6a296a/ork.exe
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Amy November 11th 08 03:30 AM

Outlook 2003

Brian - can you help me too?
I've been using Outlook 03 for two months w/out a hitch. Today, whenever I
click on the Mail icon or even "Go To: Mail" I get an error message stating
that OL has encountered a problem and must close. I've run detect and repair
from help menu, run Inbox repair, deleted and recreated my email account,
downloaded service pack 3 and ran it, also downloaded couple hot fixes from
2004 I thought might help. Still doing it! And of course, the message details
reveal no clue in plain English...
Any thoughts that don't involve a sledgehammer?
And Lloyd - good luck!
Thanks!
Amy

neo [mvp outlook] November 12th 08 12:05 AM

Outlook 2003

Does Microsoft Outlook start in safe mode?

How to:
1) Select Start Run
2) type: outlook.exe /safe
3) OK button

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook] November 13th 08 04:07 PM

Outlook 2003

Try a new mail profile. http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/newprofile.htm
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]