Outlook can't send; can receive

Old July 30th 08, 07:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
bridgkat

Default Outlook can't send; can receive

Hi,
Any ideas why I can't send e-mail from Outlook? Messages just sit in the
Outbox. Sometimes I get "Preparing to send" message with the little envelope
icon flying at the bottom. I can't seem to get past this point. I could
send e-mail yesterday and nothing has changed. I talked through the settings
with Comcast (and even tried sending from comcast.net - which works). I have
diabled McAfee firewalls. Sometimes it looks like the message is going to
send but doesn't. Any help would be appreciated.

Old August 1st 08, 11:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
James

I am having the same problem with sending e-mails. I have a "preparing to
send/receive that never clears." If I reboot, then for one time, the system
sends and receives any e-mail. If I hit send and receive again, it will go
back to the "preparing to send/receive." Does not clearn. I have performed
the maintenance checks with Microsoft office and with the e-mail system and
all appear to be fine. I just obtained this computer yesterday with Microsoft
Visa and Outlook. Right now, I wish I had Windows XP back.

James