Connecting to Microsoft Exchange over Internet

Old June 7th 08, 12:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
AKon

Default Connecting to Microsoft Exchange over Internet

Hi,

I am currently working at a client location and trying to access my
organization's Exchange Server through internet. I have configured Outlook
2003 for this. But I am unable to access the Exchange Server through Outlook.
It repeatedly asks for the login credentials and does not seem to be doing
anything. However, it(access thru internet) is working fine when I try from
outside the client location, where there is a pure internet connection (i.e.
w/o firewall) (eg : hotel). But there is a firewall at the client location.
Not sure if this is creating any problems.

Please let me know the settings or how this problem can be resolved.

Thanks,

Old June 8th 08, 12:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook][_2_]

Have your company IT dept talk to the client IT dept. - it is most likely a firewall or port issue which they can discuss between them. The client company may not allow a direct or VPN connection to other networks in which case you will be limited to OWA, if your employer has enabled it.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, AKon asked:

Old June 8th 08, 08:47 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
AKon

Thanks for your response. But my colleagues at the client location, working
for the same organization, are able to access their mails in Outlook. So, I
am not sure where the problem.

-Akon

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

Have your company IT dept talk to the client IT dept. - it is most likely a firewall or port issue which they can discuss between them. The client company may not allow a direct or VPN connection to other networks in which case you will be limited to OWA, if your employer has enabled it.

--Â

Old June 9th 08, 07:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Then ask your IT folks for the correct settings to access Outlook. Are you
using Windows XP SP2 or later? What version of Outlook are you using?

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Old June 9th 08, 08:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
AKon

I have the got the settings and set it up according. I have also checked with
the other folks here and my settings are exactly the same. But still, it is
giving me problems whereas it is working for them. I am not sure if it is
some setting outside Outlook (like some system or internet setting) which is
causing this problem. I am on Windows XP SP2 and Outlook 2003.