Problem with Zone Alarm getting disconnected from Outlook

Old May 18th 08, 02:53 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
DavidN63

Default Problem with Zone Alarm getting disconnected from Outlook

I'm having a problem with Zone Alarm, not for the first time. I installed ZA
in a system that had Office 2003 installed, and after the installation
completed, the ZA controls were correctly installed in the Outlook 2003
toolbar and I could dump junk mail to either the normal spam directory or the
phishing directory. Then suddenly ZA disappeared, so I opened up Tools/
Options/ Options/ Advanced Options/ COM Add-Ins, where as I expected the
add-in entitled SonicWALL Anti-Spam Desktop was deselected. I selected it
again, clicked OK a few times until I got the main menu back, and nothing had
changed. So back to the COM Add-Ins, and the ZA anti-spam is deselected yet
again. I've reinstalled ZA (a version update) and it makes no difference. I
tried to add the ZA add-in from the COM Add-Ins menu, and that doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Old May 18th 08, 05:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

What does Zone Alarm have to say?

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

Old May 18th 08, 06:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
DavidN63

I haven't asked them yet. I see this more as an Outlook bug than a ZA bug,
especially as ZA does everything else fine; and besides, I figured that MS
has better support, to say nothing of a bigger user base, than
ZoneAlarm/Checkpoint.

David