Configuring Account to Send E-mail

Old May 12th 08, 01:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
TCB

Default Configuring Account to Send E-mail

I've configured an Outlook e-mail account (manually). When I attempt to test
the account settings before completing Account Configuration, it says that it
is uable to find the e-mail server. So I can receive messages from the
e-mail account in Outlook, but I cannot send messages. Any idea how to fix
this?
Old May 12th 08, 11:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
gerrico

DiD you get your problem resolved ... I have the same problem and I don't
know how to fix it.
Gerrico

Old May 13th 08, 12:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I]

Usually either an incorrect server name entered in the account details, or
the result of an Antivirus scanner. Who is you ISP and have you verified
you have the correct names per their instructions? Do you have an Antivirus
product scanning your email?

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE --
Live at Hot Licks - www.badnewsbluesband.com

Old May 13th 08, 01:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
shkermaker

I have a similar problem and it always seems to be the SMTP settings are
incorrect for my ISP.

Are you using the email account your ISP supplied or another?
• If its another, you may have to use the ISP's SMTP server but the email
provider's POP3 server.
• If it's the ISP's email account, speak to your ISP as it sounds like it
could be a problem at their end

Old May 19th 08, 05:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
PUC

I have the same problem. I have spent hours upon hours on the phone with my
ISP and they say it is an outlook or Vista problem. I use McAfee and they
say its not a problem with them, either. It seems that it is nobody's
problem but mine.

Old May 21st 08, 08:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I]

Nope, it's a McAfee problem. McAfee is NOT compatible with Vista and ALL
email scanners are incompatible with Vista SP1:

http://www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#3
3. Turn off email scanning in your antivirus software.
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/951805
Stop error message when you send or receive e-mail messages on a Windows
Vista-based computer that has e-mail scanning software installed: "STOP:
0x1000008E KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M"

Hal