Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - Installation (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-installation/)
-   -   Insert File (Not Responding) (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-installation/71711-insert-file-not-responding.html)

JohnP May 9th 08 05:04 PM

Insert File (Not Responding)

we have some users using outlook 2002 sp3 who get an error when trying to
attach a file within email. They will go to the attach file and hit the
pulldown and get a 'Insert File (Not Responding)' error and the PC will hang
for extended lengths of time. Any suggestions on resolving this issue?

Brian Tillman May 9th 08 05:04 PM

Insert File (Not Responding)

johnp wrote:

we have some users using outlook 2002 sp3 who get an error when
trying to attach a file within email. They will go to the attach file
and hit the pulldown and get a 'Insert File (Not Responding)' error
and the PC will hang for extended lengths of time. Any suggestions on
resolving this issue?

Sounds like you have a disconnected network drive and Windows must time out
on it before preceeding.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]