Send E-mail Authentication method error in Outlook 2007

Old May 9th 08, 03:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Mary

Default Send E-mail Authentication method error in Outlook 2007

I have multiple e-mail accounts I used in Outlook XP. After upgrading to
Outlook 2007 the only account I can send e-mail from is the one that uses the
same server for incoming and outgoing messages. The error I receive for the
other accounts is...
None of the authentication methods supported by this client are supported by
your server.

I've tried using the repair option, I've tried setting up a new account, and
I've tried setting "Use the following type of encrypted connection" under
advanced settings to both None and Auto.

Any ideas for what else I can try? Any help would be appreciated.

Old May 9th 08, 05:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman

Mary wrote:

I have multiple e-mail accounts I used in Outlook XP. After
upgrading to Outlook 2007 the only account I can send e-mail from is
the one that uses the same server for incoming and outgoing messages.
The error I receive for the other accounts is...
None of the authentication methods supported by this client are
supported by your server.

So, configure the correct authentication settings for the other accounts,
just like the error says to do.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old May 9th 08, 05:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Mary

Well, that was pretty useless.

The outgoing server in my other accounts is set up exactly like the one that
does work. It's an issue with Outlook 2007 but I don't know how to fix it.