Recover Outlook 2003 PST File in Outlook 2007

Old May 4th 08, 09:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Scott S

Default Recover Outlook 2003 PST File in Outlook 2007

Background:

Several weeks ago the RAID 0 array on my home computer crashed (hard drive
failure) and my motherboard setup would not allow me to boot, even with the
RAID array disconnected. I was running MS Office 2003 Pro with Windows XP
(fully updated). Because the computer (home built) was ready to be replaced
anyway, I did so.

The replacement computer is running Windows Vista (32 bit) fully updated and
Office 2007 Pro.

I was able to place the C hardrive and a secondary harddrive (not part of
the RAID 0 array) in enclosures and can access the data, although not the
programs or certain items on the C drive listed as "protected." I was also
able to access an external harddrive with some backup data.

PST files from Outlook 2003, but these backups did not contain the most
recent data. I can see the most recent PST files on the old C drive (now:
I:\Documents and Settings\"user"\Local Settings\Application
Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook1.pst) from the Office 2003 installation. When
I attempt to import the PST files, I receive the message, "File access is
denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file
I:\Documents and Settings\.......

Help needed:
I would like to obtain the most recent information on my account contained
in these PST files. How do I gain access to the files?

Thank you in advance for your assistance!!
--
Scott S
Old May 4th 08, 09:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

First: You never transfer Outlook data by importing it. Why would you? Your
data in already in Outlook format. You have no need to convert it to another
format. Importing an Outlook file will lose data and corrupt your profile.
You simply find and open the correct data file. If you have a permissions
issue, that is not an Outlook issue. It is an OS issue. Consult your
operating system's Help files on how to set file and folder permissions
correctly.

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old May 4th 08, 11:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
DL

See Win Help; 'Take ownership'
Once done, copy the pst files to eg Documents Folder, Then in OL
FileOpenData File......browse to the data files & open them