stubborn Outlook password prompt!

Old April 26th 08, 03:21 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
zooeyhallne

Default stubborn Outlook password prompt!

I am running Office 2003 SP3 on Windows XP Pro. I am having a stubborn
problem with Outlook not saving passwords.

It is getting mail from a POP server and sending out to an SMTP server. It
refuses to save either password.

Everytime I click on send/receive, I have to enter the password. When I do
then it gets the mail, however the next time I send/receive I have to
re-enter the password. If I am sending mail, I have to re-enter the password
for the SMTP server.

I have clicked on "save password". But everytime I go into the account
setup, the password field is blank again.

I have deleted and recreated the Outlook user profile.

I have done the fix where you delete the "Protected System Storage Provider"
key in the registry.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2003. I even ran the cleanup tool
that is in the Office Resource kit, and deleted all Outlook folders in the
user profile, and under Program Files.

I have started Outlook in Safe Mode and it still has the problem.

I have disabled/uninstalled any Spyware and antivirus programs I could find
on the PC.

I'm really at my wit's end on this. Hope someone can help because I am
considering re-formatting the blasted thing!

Old April 26th 08, 04:57 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
zooeyhallne

Default Found the solution

I created a new Windows user profile, and then setup Outlook again.