auto complete BCC

Old April 24th 08, 02:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Daryl

Default auto complete BCC

I want to manage follow ups to my out going emails by having a bcc returned
to me, flagging it and storing it in an appropriate folder. Is there an easy
way - such as having outlook pre-populate the BCC field with my own address,
or do I have to remember to do that manually (I am forgetful!)
Old April 24th 08, 03:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman

Daryl wrote:

I want to manage follow ups to my out going emails by having a bcc
returned to me, flagging it and storing it in an appropriate folder.
Is there an easy way - such as having outlook pre-populate the BCC
field with my own address, or do I have to remember to do that
manually (I am forgetful!)

Why aren't you using the Sent Items folder?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
Old April 24th 08, 05:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Rich/rerat

Daryl,
The simplest method to achieve what you want, is to create a Outlook message
template with your address in the BCC: Line. I would create a folder in My
Document for this Template, or save the file to a User created template
folder . Then you can create a shortcut of this file and paste it to your
Desktop for easy access.

But this will only work for NEW messages, not replies or forwards. For
Replies, you will need to choose to Reply to All. For messages that you want
to Forward, you will need to manually add your address to the BCC: Line.

1. In Outlook2003 this would be accomplished by Start New Message Add your
email address to BCC: Line Select FILE Save As Select/Browse to the
folder that you created in My Documents or User created Template folder
Name the file & Choose to save it as an Outlook template (*.oft).
2. Open the folder that you saved *.oft file to Right click the file
Select Send Shortcut to Desktop. So when you need to create a new message
click the shortcut. If Outlook is not running when you create this message
you will need open Outlook, so the Send/Receive process can run.

If you are migrating from Outlook Express, you can create a message rule in
OUTLOOK that can be applied to outgoing messages, so that can be
automatically placed in an user created mail folder, that is not available
in OE.
Rich/rerat
(RRR News) message rule
Previous Text Snipped to Save Bandwidth When Appropriate