How to filter emails with CC

Old March 12th 08, 01:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
arzsupra

Default How to filter emails with CC

Hey everyone,

I have an inbox set up where all my worker's emails all go into the same
general inbox. So I have like emails comming in from 3 different email
addresses, and I use rules to filter out emails to different folders. I've
been having this problem where if someone CC'ed one of my workers, 2 emails
would go to the person that it was sent to, not cc'ed to. The person that
was CC'ed wouldn't receive anything.

If anyone has any sugguestions on how I could solve this problem, please
post here. Any information would help. Thanks
Old March 12th 08, 07:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman

arzsupra wrote:

I have an inbox set up where all my worker's emails all go into the
same general inbox. So I have like emails comming in from 3
different email addresses, and I use rules to filter out emails to
different folders. I've been having this problem where if someone
CC'ed one of my workers, 2 emails would go to the person that it was
sent to, not cc'ed to. The person that was CC'ed wouldn't receive
anything.

If anyone has any sugguestions on how I could solve this problem,
please post here. Any information would help. Thanks

My suggestion is that you deliver each address's messages to its own unique
mailbox so there is no confusion and everyone will get his or her own
messages.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old March 13th 08, 02:53 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
arzsupra

"arzsupra" wrote:

Hey everyone,

I have an inbox set up where all my worker's emails all go into the same
general inbox. So I have like emails comming in from 3 different email
addresses, and I use rules to filter out emails to different folders. I've
been having this problem where if someone CC'ed one of my workers, 2 emails
would go to the person that it was sent to, not cc'ed to. The person that
was CC'ed wouldn't receive anything.

If anyone has any sugguestions on how I could solve this problem, please
post here. Any information would help. Thanks

How would I make new mailboxes for each of my email accts?
Old March 13th 08, 04:21 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
arzsupra

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

arzsupra wrote:

I have an inbox set up where all my worker's emails all go into the
same general inbox. So I have like emails comming in from 3
different email addresses, and I use rules to filter out emails to
different folders. I've been having this problem where if someone
CC'ed one of my workers, 2 emails would go to the person that it was
sent to, not cc'ed to. The person that was CC'ed wouldn't receive
anything.

If anyone has any sugguestions on how I could solve this problem,
please post here. Any information would help. Thanks

My suggestion is that you deliver each address's messages to its own unique
mailbox so there is no confusion and everyone will get his or her own
messages.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

I run Outlook through my server, and I still want to be able to see all
mailboxes and folders from all the computers in my office. Is that still
possible?
Old March 13th 08, 05:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman

arzsupra wrote:

How would I make new mailboxes for each of my email accts?

Clearly that would depend on the mail server. If you run it, you can create
whatever mailboxes you want. If an ISP runs it, contact their sales office
and ask them how you can get separate mailboxes for each employee.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old March 14th 08, 01:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
arzsupra

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

arzsupra wrote:

How would I make new mailboxes for each of my email accts?

Clearly that would depend on the mail server. If you run it, you can create
whatever mailboxes you want. If an ISP runs it, contact their sales office
and ask them how you can get separate mailboxes for each employee.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

I run my emails through LunarPage's webmail server. I have mailboxes
created for each of my email addresses. Is it possible to have seperate
mailboxes appear on the side window, and how would I go about doing that? I
know we have to do more than just create a new email account.
Old March 14th 08, 07:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman

arzsupra wrote:

I run my emails through LunarPage's webmail server. I have mailboxes
created for each of my email addresses. Is it possible to have
seperate mailboxes appear on the side window, and how would I go
about doing that? I know we have to do more than just create a new
email account.

What do you mean by "separate mailboxes on the side window"? Are you
speaking of the Navigation Pane (or Outlook Bar, depending on your version
of Outlook - I don't see where you've mentioned it)? ARe the accounts all
POP accounts? If not, what type of accounts are they?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old March 15th 08, 10:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
arzsupra

They all all POP3 accounts, and by the side window, I'm referring to the
"folder list" window. I'm using Outlook 2003, also

Old March 17th 08, 02:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman

arzsupra wrote:

They all all POP3 accounts, and by the side window, I'm referring to
the "folder list" window. I'm using Outlook 2003, also

All POP accounts in a mail profile use the same default folders. If you
wish mail being received by a specific account to be moved to a folder other
than your default Inbox, you'll need to create a rule to do it. Outlook
2007, however, has the ability to assign per-account Inboxes.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old March 19th 08, 11:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
arzsupra

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

arzsupra wrote:

They all all POP3 accounts, and by the side window, I'm referring to
the "folder list" window. I'm using Outlook 2003, also

All POP accounts in a mail profile use the same default folders. If you
wish mail being received by a specific account to be moved to a folder other
than your default Inbox, you'll need to create a rule to do it. Outlook
2007, however, has the ability to assign per-account Inboxes.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

So, I'm bascially forced to use Outlook rules to filter out my emails then?
Unless, i get outlook 2007, where I'll be able to make seperate inboxes
linked to each account?