Importing ONE Email address from Outlook Express

Old March 7th 08, 06:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
sparklinbluiz[_2_]

Default Importing ONE Email address from Outlook Express

I currently use Outlook Express for personal use and Outlook for my calendar.
I am now working from home and want to move email messages and folders from
Outlook Express into Outlook for business only. I have 3 email addresses
currently in Outlook Express, however, I only want to import the messages
from ONE of those accounts. How can I filter which messages import into
Outlook using the import feature? I tried going through the process but it
didn't give me an option of choosing just one account to import. I do not
want to move my personal emails into Outlook and intend to use Outlook for
business and my business email address and Outlook Express for personal/junk
mail. I know I will have to choose which one is default but that won't affect
being able to send mail from either, will it?
Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Old March 7th 08, 06:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman

sparklinbluiz wrote:

I currently use Outlook Express for personal use and Outlook for my
calendar. I am now working from home and want to move email messages
and folders from Outlook Express into Outlook for business only. I
have 3 email addresses currently in Outlook Express, however, I only
want to import the messages from ONE of those accounts. How can I
filter which messages import into Outlook using the import feature? I
tried going through the process but it didn't give me an option of
choosing just one account to import. I do not want to move my
personal emails into Outlook and intend to use Outlook for business
and my business email address and Outlook Express for personal/junk
mail. I know I will have to choose which one is default but that
won't affect being able to send mail from either, will it?
Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Move all the messages you wish to transfer from Outlook Express to Outlook
into one Outlook Express folder. Click FileExportMesssages. Choose the
folder you just populated. Click OK.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old March 7th 08, 07:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
sparklinbluiz[_2_]

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

sparklinbluiz wrote:

[...]

I have them all in a separate folder in Outlook Express and when messages downloaded I had them set to go directly into that folder. When I import into Outlook and select "messages" the last message box I saw was "finish"..will that lead me to an option to pick which folder to import? I didn't want to risk bringing in all my personal and junk mail so hit cancel.

thanks
Old March 7th 08, 09:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman

sparklinbluiz wrote:

I have them all in a separate folder in Outlook Express and when
messages downloaded I had them set to go directly into that folder.
When I import into Outlook and select "messages" the last message
box I saw was "finish"..will that lead me to an option to pick which
folder to import? I didn't want to risk bringing in all my personal
and junk mail so hit cancel. thanks

As I said, export from Outlook Express.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
Old March 7th 08, 10:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
sparklinbluiz[_2_]

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

sparklinbluiz wrote:

I have them all in a separate folder in Outlook Express and when
messages downloaded I had them set to go directly into that folder.
When I import into Outlook and select "messages" the last message
box I saw was "finish"..will that lead me to an option to pick which
folder to import? I didn't want to risk bringing in all my personal
and junk mail so hit cancel. thanks

As I said, export from Outlook Express.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
Duh! I misread! It does allow me to choose a folder when I EXPORT FROM Outlook Express! (I was trying to IMPORT via Outlook!)

Thanks for your help!