How to set default Sent Items folder to the IMAP acct Sent Items?

Old January 15th 08, 05:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation

Default How to set default Sent Items folder to the IMAP acct Sent Items?

I have one email account in Outlook and it's an IMAP account. When I send
emails the copies are stored in the Sent Items folder of Personal Folders. I
want to know how to change this so copies of emails I send are stored in the
Sent Items folder of the IMAP account (so if I go to another computer and
connect to the same IMAP account I can access my Sent Items from there, too).
Old January 15th 08, 03:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman

H wrote:

I have one email account in Outlook and it's an IMAP account. When I
send emails the copies are stored in the Sent Items folder of
Personal Folders. I want to know how to change this so copies of
emails I send are stored in the Sent Items folder of the IMAP account
(so if I go to another computer and connect to the same IMAP account
I can access my Sent Items from there, too).

You cannot change it. The IMAP folders can never be the delivery location
folders and sent mail will always go to the delivery location's Sent Items
folder. You can, however, emulate the behavior bt creating a rule that will
copy all outgoing messages to the IMAP folder and then disabling the option
to keep all sent mail.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]