Outlook 2007 Won't Open

Old December 20th 07, 08:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Phil

Default Outlook 2007 Won't Open

I recently (within a month) upgraded to Office Small Business 2007. Outlook
has been working fine but this week simply stopped loading. When I click the
icon, it seems to load, the Outlook box appears, and a tab opens in the dock,
but the program will not maximize. It is just dead. I did a repair and
uninstalled my security programs. I also scanned for viruses and spy ware.
Nothing fixed the problem.

I am in the process of decommissioning this computer with a new computer
that I just bought, so getting the program to work is only essential if I
need to run the program to transfer my address book and mail files to the new
computer.

So, for help, I would like either (a) help in getting Outlook to open; or
(b) instructions for moving the address book and mail files to the new
computer, if I can do that without opening Outlook. Also, (c), how to find my
product code for free MS support (I am eligible, but can't get the code if
the program won't open).

The new computer is running Vista Ultimate (through parallels). The old
computer is running Windows XP 5.1 service pack 2.
Old December 22nd 07, 12:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Roady [MVP]

Does it load in Safe Mode?
Start- Run; outlook.exe /safe

For additional suggestions see+
http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntopen.htm

As for migrating data see;
http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

Old December 22nd 07, 03:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Joedg319

My problem is similar. Outlook 2007 won't start normally. I can close it
with Task Manager and restart in Safe Mode. But it won't close properly from
safe mode so I have to go through this procedure every time.