UNINSTALL OUTLOOK 2001 - CONFLICTS WITH POCKET PC

Old November 28th 07, 08:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
sparklinbluiz[_2_]

Default UNINSTALL OUTLOOK 2001 - CONFLICTS WITH POCKET PC

Hi,
I purchased a new PDA phone and when trying to install Pocket PC and
wireless sync I found that Outlook 2001 is NOT compatible with these
programs. While my contacts and calendar did sync, I receive an error message
any time I want to open outlook 2001 or open an appt or contact. When in my
"Add & Remove Programs' I noticed that I did have a version of Outlook 2003
on my computer. It must have come as a trial with my new Windows Media
Edition computer. I opened and set up the Outlook 2003 but now the Pocket PC
is still receiving errors. I think it may be seeing the Outlook 2001 instead
of the 2003 so I want to uninstall Outlook 2001 but ONLY that, not the rest
of my office suite. I have Office 2000 Small Business and Office 2000
Professional so I dont want to lose any of the other programs associated with
those suites.
Is there anyone that can tell me how to uninstall Outlook 2001 without
uninstalling the entire office suite? Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Old November 29th 07, 12:33 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
DL

There isnt an outlook 2001
If you have a trial version you have to uninstall that before installing any
other version

If you installed Office2000 whilst haveing another Office trial version you
probably corrupted the entire office installation, and then to top it all
you installed PDA software.
You will probably need to uninstall all, if you are able, before installing
whatever retail version you own, then checking that your PDA software is
compatible with what you have before installing that.
PS only a single instance of Outlook can be installed.

Old November 29th 07, 06:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
sparklinbluiz[_2_]

Hi DL,

Thanks for the reply. I caught my error after I wrote it. It is Outlook
2000 and I have already installed the trial version of Outlook 2003. Do I
have to uninstall ALL of the programs in Office 2000? I have 2 different
versions, Office 2000 Professional and Small business so I could have all the
different programs. Anyway, if I uninstall everything I assume all my data
files will remain on my system. When I reinstall the trial Outlook 2003, will
it find my pst file? Will I lose anything? I need to be able to sync my PDA.
I know I can reinstall my Office programs so I guess thats not a big deal.
So, my questions a Will the 2003 find my pst and if I "uninstall" the
outlook 2003 will I be able to reinstall being that its a trial version?
Thanks!

Old November 29th 07, 06:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
DL

If you have uninstalled the trial you can try a repair of your 2000 programs

Firstly OL2003 uses unicode format for the pst, so if it created such, this
pst is not readable by earlier version OL
If you want to utilsise the pst in an earlier version, within OL2003 create
a new pst in the old format and COPY the data to it

You can only install a single instance of Outlook

Uninstalling Office doesnt impact on data, reinstalling OL should connect to
the origonal data file, but if it doesnt its not a problem to add it.
One thing; with installing/uninstalling the two versions it wouldnt surprise
me if your Outlook profile was corrupted, and as such you may have to create
a new one.

Old November 30th 07, 01:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
sparklinbluiz[_2_]

Hi DL,

Now I REALLY need your help! I went ahead and uninstalled my entire Office
2000 suite..both small business AND professional. When I tried to open
Outlook , 2003 , it asked for my Microsoft Office Small Business Edition 2003
DISK! I do not have a disk, I went to Dell Chat support and tried to get help
from them as to where the trial version disk is because it was asking me to
find the file STDP11N.MSI. They were no help. Now, EVERY program I try to
open I am prompted for this Microsoft Office Small Business Edition 2003 disk
:-( Even my Outlook Express (which I was using up until I was going to
switch over to Outlook). I tried a system restore, when the computer
rebooted it asked for the disk. When I open Outlook Express, it asks, then I
hit cancel and I have to hit cancel 3 more times before it opens. Same if I
open an email. It DOES eventually open but not before asking for the disk.
Please can you help me? Now I'm really desperate just to get my system back.
Thanks

Old November 30th 07, 09:41 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
DL

Do you have any Trial cd, or was the trial preinstalled?
If you have no trial cd, and since Office2003 is no longer available from MS
as a trial, then your only alternative would be to recover your Dell to
factory supplied state - assuming the trial would then be reinstalled as
part of the process - ensure you have any data backed up first.

I assume that you need the trial version in order to sync with your PDA? and
that once done you would uninstall the trial?
If that is not the case there is no point in attempting to use the trial,
since if you decide to purchase a retail edition of 2003 it would be
neccessary to uninstall the trial anyway, prior to installing the full
version.
Do not attempt to install any other version of Office, or its componenets
whilst the trial is still on the PC