How do I COMPLETELY remove Outlook 2007?

Old October 20th 07, 12:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Henry H

Default How do I COMPLETELY remove Outlook 2007?

Last week, after doing some MS updates, my Outlook 2007 started routinely
crashing for no apparent reason. I've tried a repair, no effect. I've tried
removing Outlook by choosing "not available" in the setup application,
rebooting and reinstalling (selecting "run all from my computer"). What I
found on the return was that my entire profile was intact, including my
exchange and pop settings and the additional pst files that I use. What I
would like to do it to COMPLETELY uninstall Outlook and try a clean install
to see if that will fix the problem. That is, unless you have any other
ideas to fix the random crashing. Thanks, Henry
Old October 20th 07, 12:57 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

New mail profile.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Henry H asked:

Old October 20th 07, 04:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Henry H[_2_]

I created a copy my original profile: still crashes. Would I possibly have a
different outcome if I created a new profile from "scratch"?

BTW: I tried starting Outlook in Safe mode: ran faster, but still crashed.

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

New mail profile.

--Â

Old October 20th 07, 10:43 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Why would you not? Copying your old profile copies the problem.
Create a new one.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old October 20th 07, 09:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Henry H[_2_]

OK, created a new profile. Recreated my exchange and pop3 accounts. Crashed
after 2 hours. Any other ideas?

- Henry

Old October 20th 07, 09:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Not without precise steps to repro and error messages. Uninstalling and
reinstalling will not help. Have you asked your Exchange Administrator?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old October 21st 07, 04:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Henry H[_2_]

To reproduce the problem: 1. Open Outlook & log into exchange server 2.
Wait. :-)

I've tried a number of things, including safe mode, disabling all add-ins,
etc. Nothing has helped. If I look in the event logs, I see the following
for each crash:

Faulting application outlook.exe, version 12.0.6027.5000, stamp 467eb4e3,
faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.2180, stamp 411096b4, debug? 0,
fault address 0x00018fea.

and immediately after:
Bucket 471783606, bucket table 1, faulting application outlook.exe, version
12.0.6027.5000, stamp 467eb4e3, faulting module ntdll.dll, version
5.1.2600.2180, stamp 411096b4, debug? 0, fault address 0x00018fea.

The crashes appear to be happening during a time of disconnection from the
exchange server (I'm always a remote user (I live in Central America and the
Exchange server is in MN)).

I think that I may be on to something, so I'm going to watch a while and see
what happens.

Old October 22nd 07, 12:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Henry H[_2_]

Hello again,

As I said in my last post, I thought that I might be on to something and I
was. Since the problem showed up after running some Windows Updates last
week (coincidental?, perhaps), I thought that I would try something perhaps a
little risky. I looked at the updates installed, looked at M$ site to see
what was happening with the updates and decided that this one: MS07-058:
Security Update for Windows (KB933729) was most likely the culprit since it
was fixing a problem with RPC, which Outlook/Exchange uses. So, I
uninstalled this update and my problem was resolved. I don’t really know if
leaving it uninstalled will cause a great security risk or not, but I don’t
think that I have much of a choice; unless I want to use the web interface
all of the time (no thank you).

I don't know if a moderator can sum all of this up into a more usable format
for the rest of the users, but it might be worth it. I can't imagine that
I'm the only person to have suffered/be suffering this specific problem.

Thanks for your help,
Henry

Old October 22nd 07, 03:39 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

There are no moderators for this news group - it is all strictly peer-to-peer.

Old October 23rd 07, 06:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
SAN