Outlook 2007 freezes while Configuring Outlook Accounts

Old September 26th 07, 07:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Mark

Default Outlook 2007 freezes while Configuring Outlook Accounts

When I tried to run Outlook 2007 for the first time it froze with
"Configuring Outlook Accounts" and "Creating Outlook Data File" messages.
Since nothing was happening I closed it out through Task Manager. When I
tried it the second time it advised that Outlook 2007 did not close
correctly and offered Safe Mode. I did work in Safe Mode. I restarted the
computer and when I start Outlook 2007 it freezes with the same error
messages but it works in the Safe Mode after I close it through Task
Manager. I have Vista Home Premium and Office Profesional 2007. I use
Windows Mail but wanted to experiment with Outlook and have a problem now.
Mark

Old September 26th 07, 02:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Mark

I deleted profile that was there and created a new one. Test mail was OK.
When I started Outlook 2007 it offered me safe mode. I clicked NO and it
loaded OK. However, after I rebooted and started Outlook 2007, it froze at
the welcoming screen. No error message this time.
Mark

Old September 26th 07, 05:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
yam

Hello Bill,
IF it works in the safe mode then this is because of corruption of the dat
file .
search for outcmd.dat , frmcache.dat , extend.dat , views .dat , when you
search it make sure u search after checking the box search in non indexed and
hidden files and the location should be c drive, sometimes you may not find
vies.dat it ok go ahead with the other three files

Thanks,
Yam
Old September 27th 07, 02:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
BillR [MVP]

disable those so it might be the reason you can run in Safe Mode. If you can
then start Outlook normally add each add-in back one at a time to see if any
caused the problem.
If that fails you might need to repair the installation or uninstall and
reinstall.

--
Bill R MVP

Old September 27th 07, 02:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
BillR [MVP]

Not necessarily. I suggest you respond to the poster instead of to an MVP
trying to assist.

--
Bill R MVP

Old September 27th 07, 05:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Mark

Why do I experience this problem? I have a new computer with Vista and
Microsoft Office 2007. Here is what I have under Add-ins. Which one(s)
should I disable? Will I create more problems for Office 2007 if I do it?

"Active applications Add-ins:
Microsoft Exchange Unified Messaging, Microsoft Office SharePoint Server
Colleague import add-on, Microsoft Outlook Mobile service, Windows search
email indexer,
Inactive applications add-ins:
Calendar Gadget for Windows SideShow, Microsoft access outlook Add-in for
Data Collection and Publishing, Microsoft VBA for Outlook Add-in
Disabled Applications Add-in:
No disabled applications Add-ins"

Mark

Old September 27th 07, 05:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Mark

There is no separate option for Outlook 2007 in Uninstall or Change
Programs. The closest listing will be Office 2007 Professional. When I
select Office 2007 in Uninstall or Change Program the "Repair" option
disappears. Do you mean to uninstall the whole Office 2007 to try to get
Outlook 2007 to work?
Mark

Old September 27th 07, 06:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Mark

I solved the problem. Thanks for help.

Mark