Word attachments in Outlook

Old July 23rd 07, 01:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Accept Creditcards on website

Default Word attachments in Outlook

Word attachments in my outlook 2003 (using Vista Ultimate) opens in wordpad.
It is text. So, I can't read the attachment.

When I went in to do "detect and repair" in Word 2003, I lost all my old
emails. The outlook it setup under this detect and repair is blank, does not
open word documents in word.

I went into control panel, I set up the default for *.doc as Word. Now, the
message comes up as %1 is not a valid win32 application.

How do I solve this tricky problem?

Old July 23rd 07, 03:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Accept Creditcards on website

Yes. This is the only way I am able to open attachment.

It is very cumbersome. It used to launch Word automatically. Also where did
all my old emails go after the 'detect and repair' episode?

Old July 23rd 07, 03:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman

. com wrote:

It is very cumbersome. It used to launch Word automatically. Also
where did all my old emails go after the 'detect and repair' episode?

The Detect and Repair apparently created a new PST. Reconnect your old PST:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ou...771141033.aspx
--
Brian Tillman

Old July 24th 07, 06:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Accept Creditcards on website

I am able to get the "old" files back. But the problem of *.doc files not
opening in Word still remains.

Can you please help me with that?

Old July 24th 07, 07:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman

. com wrote:

I am able to get the "old" files back. But the problem of *.doc files
not opening in Word still remains.

Verify the File Type attributes for file type ".doc".
--
Brian Tillman

Old July 24th 07, 10:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman

. com wrote:

I double checked: It is Word. (Office 11.)

And what is the Open action for the fle type?
--
Brian Tillman

Old July 25th 07, 03:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman

. com wrote:

The message is "%1 is not a valid win 32 application".

How does that answer my question, which was