My addresses won't autofill

Old July 20th 07, 10:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Rena

Default My addresses won't autofill

In Outlook. I think it's because I don't have the .NK2 file on my computer.
How can I get it?

Thanks!
Old July 21st 07, 02:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]

What version of Outlook? If it's Outlook 2000 or earlier, you won't have an
AutoComplete function. In Outlook 2002 and later, AutoComplete works against
e-mail addresses you have typed into a new message, not against your
contacts. Type an e-mail address into a new message and send the message,
then next time you start typing the address, you should get the AutoComplete
suggestion.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

Old July 23rd 07, 08:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Rena

I have Outlook 2003. It will autofill for one day, for instance if I send
the same person 2 emails in 1 day, it AutoCompletess the second email. But
then the next day it doesn't remember the email addresses. In reading about
the problem on the Microsoft help pages it said to search for the .NK2 file.
I did a search on my computer and do not have that file. Is there a way to
get it? Is that indeed the problem?

Thanks!

Old July 24th 07, 01:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]

Did you search within hidden folders when looking for the .NK2 file? It will
be in a hidden folder. It will only exist if at least one autocomplete entry
has been saved.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

Old July 27th 07, 09:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Rena

I did. I've tried everything I can think of and it still doesn't work. I
followed the directions from the Microsoft help page to show hidden files and
then did the search for the .NK2 files and nothing. I have sent emails to
someone twice today so that address auto completes so it should show, right?
Any other suggestions?

Old July 28th 07, 01:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]

And you manually typed the addresses in for those two messages you sent
today? Or did you use your Contacts folder to address the messages? Try
sending an e-mail to someone who is not in your Contacts list, so that you
have to manually type in the address.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

Old August 7th 07, 08:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Rena

I still haven't been able to get the addresses to autocomplete. I have
Outlook 2003. If i send an email in two times in one day to someone it will
autocomplete for that day only. The next day they are gone. I do not get
the email addresses out of my contact list. I have looked for the hidden
files and there is not a .NK2 file anywhere on my computer. I don't know
what else to do. Another person in the office installed outlook 2003 the
same day as I did and her email addresses autocomplete. What is going on? I
need a solution. Thanks!

Old August 7th 07, 09:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]

I didn't say the .NK2 file is a hidden *file*...I said it was in a hidden
*folder*. Have you searched within hidden folders?

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

Old August 7th 07, 09:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Rena

Sorry, my mistake for calling it a file rather than a folder. Yes, I have
searched for it many times. I followed the instructions as noted in the
Outlook help pages. "Reset the nickname and automatic completion cache". I
used the instructions for Windows XP and Outlook 2003 which is what I have.
I get to "click search" After that there is nothing found anywhere in my
computer. As I mentioned I have tried everything I can think of or have
found online and it still does not work for me. Thanks!

Autofill jhaag Outlook - Calandaring 1 February 1st 07 09:25 PM
Autofill email addresses in new installation on new computer JBELLISS Outlook - Using Contacts 1 September 12th 06 09:50 PM
New message autofill displays addresses not in my contact list? schllc Outlook - Using Contacts 3 August 2nd 06 05:16 AM
convert autofill addresses to contacts CathyJ Outlook - Using Contacts 3 July 13th 06 10:10 PM
why won't addresses autofill as I type them in the address field Frustrated Outlook - Using Contacts 12 May 31st 06 04:00 PM