Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - Installation (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-installation/)
-   -   Error message when I try to copy .pst files to a flash drive (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-installation/49735-error-message-when-i-try.html)

Anne June 4th 07 10:50 PM

Error message when I try to copy .pst files to a flash drive

I am copying .pst files from Outlook 2005 running on XP to Outlook 2007
running on Vista home premium. I have read all of the information on this
site and located the files, however, I get this error message when I try to
copy them to a flash drive.

Cannot copy outlook: The process cannot access the file because another
process has locked a portion of the file.

Outlook is CLOSED when I get this error.

My cd burner does not work so I am trying to copy the files on to a flash
drive so that I can transfer them to my new PC.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks