Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - Installation (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-installation/)
-   -   Outlook 2007 starts but hangs up in configuration process (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-installation/49627-outlook-2007-starts-but-hangs.html)

kzack88 June 3rd 07 10:44 PM

Outlook 2007 starts but hangs up in configuration process

I was moving data from an old Dell computer (XP) to my new Dell computer
(Vista) using the transfer utility. For the most part, everything seemed to
transfer fine, except when I open Outlook, it hangs up when trying to import
the Business Contact information. I get a status bar window that says
"Finalizing Business Contact Manager for Outlook configuration." The status
bar is almost full (meaning it looks almost done) but then Outlook becomes
"Not Responding." The rest of my e-mails and folders seems to have migrated
fine, but I can't get past this one part to use my Outlook.

I opened Outlook in safe mode and was able to use it and changed the BCM
database to a new one, rather than trying to use an existing one, but when I
started Outlook in regular mode, it just did the same thing as before.

Thank you for any help you can provide!

Brian Tillman June 4th 07 02:07 AM

kzack88 wrote:

I was moving data from an old Dell computer (XP) to my new Dell
computer (Vista) using the transfer utility.

WIndows Easy Transfer does not easily transfer Outlook data. You're better
off not using it for that.

For the most part,
everything seemed to transfer fine, except when I open Outlook, it
hangs up when trying to import the Business Contact information. I
get a status bar window that says "Finalizing Business Contact
Manager for Outlook configuration." The status bar is almost full
(meaning it looks almost done) but then Outlook becomes "Not
Responding." The rest of my e-mails and folders seems to have
migrated fine, but I can't get past this one part to use my Outlook.

Start with a clean mail profile and add the data and accounts manually.
--
Brian Tillman