setting up outlook with out users password

Old February 21st 07, 08:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
newguy

Default setting up outlook with out users password

I need to drop off PCs when users are not there and I don't know there
password. How can I setup Outlook so when they login it ask them for there
username and password? I don't want them to run the wizard.
Old February 22nd 07, 03:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I]

For Outlook 2003, go to 'Control Panel|Mail|E-mail Accounts|View or change
existing e-mail accounts', select the Exchange Server Service, click
"Change", click "More Settings", click the "Security" tab, add a checkmark
to the "Always prompt for user name and password" checkbox. The path may be
different depending on which version of Outlook you have.

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE --

Old November 4th 10, 09:44 PM
64kRDY 64kRDY is offline
Junior Member

I see how that works for 2003 and if there is already an email account in the system to view. but what about outlook 2007 and what if I only have the end users username?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I] View Post

Old January 16th 11, 08:24 AM
Astro123 Astro123 is offline
Junior Member

Location: Holland

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64kRDY View Post
I see how that works for 2003 and if there is already an email account in the system to view. but what about outlook 2007 and what if I only have the end users username?
Hi 64kRDY,

You need the users log on credentials for outlook to configure the correct outlook profile for that user, otherwise install outlook using (or after creating) an administrator account (then at least the installation is complete) and the configure the users outlook profile when you drop the comp off to them.
To my knowledge there is no work around for you're problem.

You can call them up and ask for their credentials.
Old February 5th 11, 08:42 AM
jolf.poder jolf.poder is offline
Banned

This task might include establishing an account for yourself on that computer so that you can install new software or perform other administrative tasks.