How do I stop Outlook removing extra line breaks from text message

Old February 9th 07, 10:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian __ Lowe

Default How do I stop Outlook removing extra line breaks from text message

Does anyone else get frustrated when they get an email from someone who has
used their Enter key deliberately to format their text, and then Outlook
discards their formatting and runs everything together?

Here's an example list:
Pizza margherita, Supersize, Thin crust, x2
Pink lady apples, Pack of 4
Goat's milk, 1 litre
Coffee, Brazilian blend

This is obviously a list and easy to read as a list but its annoying to have
to re-insert line breaks to transform Pizza margherita, Supersize, Thin
crust, x2 Pink lady apples, Pack of 4 Goat's milk, 1 litre Coffee, Brazilian
blend back into a list.

I can't find a switch to tell Outlook not to be so cavalier with formatted
text emails, and searching MSN and Google and here for terms like "extra line
breaks" provides no clues.

Has anyone solved this problem?

Does anyone else even think it's a problem? Is it just me?

Brian Lowe
---------@
Old February 9th 07, 02:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman

Brian __ Lowe wrote:

I can't find a switch to tell Outlook not to be so cavalier with
formatted text emails, and searching MSN and Google and here for
terms like "extra line breaks" provides no clues.

In Outlook 2003, click ToolsOptionsE-mail Options and uncheck "Remove
extra line breaks in plain text messages". If you have some other version
of Outlook, you'd be wide to state it when you ask a question.
--
Brian Tillman

Old February 9th 07, 03:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian __ Lowe

Default How do I stop Outlook removing extra line breaks from text mes

I began to be annoyed by this in outlook 2000 and then used 2003 for some
years continuing to grumble quietly to myself while never having been able to
find the option.

Now in 2007 I have the same problem but now I get more messages from robots
which use line breaks for formatting and my problem just got more and more
annoying.

I can't believe I didn't see that checkbox in the hundreds of times I've
visited that dialog. Outlook 2007 has the same dialog as 2003, so simply
unchecking the box does the trick.

That explains why my searches found no results too - nobody else was stupid
enough to ask the question!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction (and for not making me feel
any more stupid than I already do).

Brian Lowe
---------@

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

Brian __ Lowe wrote:

I can't find a switch to tell Outlook not to be so cavalier with
formatted text emails, and searching MSN and Google and here for
terms like "extra line breaks" provides no clues.

In Outlook 2003, click ToolsOptionsE-mail Options and uncheck "Remove
extra line breaks in plain text messages". If you have some other version
of Outlook, you'd be wide to state it when you ask a question.
--
Brian Tillman

How do I prevent Outlook inserting line breaks in a plain text? Ernie Gronblom Outlook - Installation 1 October 6th 06 04:30 PM
This Message has Extra Line breaks... Jay Outlook - General Queries 3 October 3rd 06 01:32 PM
Line breaks Frank Outlook Express 28 July 31st 06 07:51 PM
Outlook Removing "KC:" from subject line when replying or fwding a message [email protected] Outlook - General Queries 1 July 13th 06 05:01 AM
line breaks in plain text email Michael Logies Outlook - General Queries 4 February 5th 06 09:20 AM