How do I keep Outlook default e-mail account from changing

Old February 6th 07, 11:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Rhein

Default How do I keep Outlook default e-mail account from changing

Outlook 2003 is changing my default e-mail account. I have 2 pop accounts
and a microsoft exchange account (from SBS 2003). I have changed my default
e-mail account to one of the pop3 accounts. But EVERY bloody time I start up
outlook in the morning it has reset the default account to the exchange
account. Can anyone tell me how to prevent the resetting of the default
account?

Thanks

Old February 7th 07, 01:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

If the Exchange server is running on Microsoft Small Business Server 2003, users with non-Exchange accounts in the same profile as the Exchange account may see the default mail account always revert to the Exchange account, regardless of the user’s previous choice. A registry entry is available to prevent the SBS login script from changing the transport order:

Key: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\SmallBusinessServer\Client Setup
Value Name: NoTransportOrder
Value Type: REG_DWORD
Value: 1

See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/defaultacct.htm for more information.