Test email works but cannot send actual emails

Old January 11th 07, 01:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Nicky

Default Test email works but cannot send actual emails

One of my email accounts will receive but not send emails; when I use the
'test account settings' that also works, with the test reported as
successful. Any ideas please?
Old January 11th 07, 07:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I]

What happens when you try to send? Do you get any error messages?

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE --

Old January 11th 07, 03:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Nicky

The emails appear to have been sent and then are returned with variations on
the message 'recipient not known' or 'name not known'. This happens with a
range of different email addresses.

Old January 11th 07, 06:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman

Nicky wrote:

The emails appear to have been sent and then are returned with
variations on the message 'recipient not known' or 'name not known'.
This happens with a range of different email addresses.

Post the exact text of one of these messages, taking care to mask any real
addresses it contains.
--
Brian Tillman