How to restore Outlook 2002 profile from backup?

Old February 16th 06, 03:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
NM

Default How to restore Outlook 2002 profile from backup?

I have a friend whose XP Pro machine crashed and the OS had to be
reinstalled. I have reinstalled Office XP and copied the .pst file. I have
reconnected to her POP3 email account and the test comes back OK, but emails
are not coming through properly.

I have the entire disk on an external disk backup, but don't want the
restore it all, since it includes the corrupted files that led to the crash.
Where in the registry are the profiles stored? I would love to restore just
her Outlook email profile.
Old February 17th 06, 05:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman

NM wrote:

I have a friend whose XP Pro machine crashed and the OS had to be
reinstalled. I have reinstalled Office XP and copied the .pst file. I
have reconnected to her POP3 email account and the test comes back
OK, but emails are not coming through properly.

I have the entire disk on an external disk backup, but don't want the
restore it all, since it includes the corrupted files that led to the
crash. Where in the registry are the profiles stored? I would love to
restore just her Outlook email profile.

I don't know of any tool that will allow you to read a non-active registry
on a secondary drive.
--
Brian Tillman