Outlook 2003 Network password prompt.

Old August 23rd 06, 06:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Andy McCulloch

Default Outlook 2003 Network password prompt.

I've recently installed a Belkin F5D 7632 modem router, and my connection to
the Internet is via an ethernet connection to this AP. Access to my ISP email
server (Orange/Wanadoo) is only available using the PC on this ethernet link.
The router settings are correct (I've checked with Orange) but whenever there
is mail on the POP3 server I get the Network Password prompt. Even if I click
the "Save this password in your password list" button, the prompt returns
next time there is mail, and the button is unclicked again.
I've been through the Orange help system and everyting appears to be OK from
their point of view, so the problem is either with Outlook or the router. I'm
trying Outlook first.
Old August 24th 06, 02:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Oliver Vukovics

Hi Andy,

maybe this site could be helpfull:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/281791/en-us

--
Oliver Vukovics
Share Outlook without Exchange: Public ShareFolder

"Andy McCulloch" schrieb im
Newsbeitrag ...

Old August 24th 06, 08:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
[email protected]

I'm on Orange too, using their orange.net email service. Since
yesterday (August 23rd) I've had the same problem trying to access my
email through outlook. I have also tried to access my email through
several mobile phones using Orange's POP settings (I have even
re-installed them on my phone through Orange's website) and get an
error back that my mailbox or password is wrong!

I can access email though the Orange web and wap portals, and if I
change Outlook to use IMAP instead of POP then I can access my email,
albeit in a slightly constrained way.

It's driving me crazy I'm hoping it's just a short problem caused
by some changes at Orange's end, but 2 days later and waiting, I'm
guessing not.............