An OLE registration error occurred

Old February 10th 06, 02:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
arndtwc

Default An OLE registration error occurred

I have Windows ME.

I just installed Outlook from Office 2000.

When I try to open Outlook I get the message: An OLE registration error
occurred. The program is not correctly installed. Run Setup again for the
program.

When I click the OK button then Outlook closes down.

What OLE's are used when I run Outlook?

This does not help: regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft
Shared\Artgalry\mcps.dll"

I tried the SP1 and it did not help.

I do not use Outlook Express so there is no accounts setup and there is no
emails in it. I don't use the address book so it is blank.

Old February 12th 06, 07:21 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Have you tried reinstalling Outlook Express?

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, arndtwc asked:

Old August 13th 06, 01:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
dannycorp

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] wrote:
*Have you tried reinstalling Outlook Express?

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, arndtwc asked:

| I have Windows ME.
|
| I just installed Outlook from Office 2000.
|
| When I try to open Outlook I get the message: An OLE registration
| error occurred. The program is not correctly installed. Run Setup
| again for the program.
|
| When I click the OK button then Outlook closes down.
|
| What OLE's are used when I run Outlook?
|
| This does not help: regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Common
Files\Microsoft
| Shared\Artgalry\mcps.dll"
|
| I tried the SP1 and it did not help.
|
| I do not use Outlook Express so there is no accounts setup and
there
| is no emails in it. I don't use the address book so it is blank. *

RESOLUTION
To resolve this problem, register the Ole32.dll file. To do this,
follow these steps: 1. Click Start, click Run, type the following
command in the Open box, and then click OK:
Regsvr32.exe %Windir%\System32\Ole32.dll
2. In the RegSvr32 dialog box, click OK.

Use it dont use it.

--
dannycorp