Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - Installation (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-installation/)
-   -   new mail alert isn't working (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-installation/2285-new-mail-alert-isnt-working.html)

rpoutwest January 31st 06 09:40 PM

new mail alert isn't working

I have Office 2003. I had an alert set up to notify me when new mail came
in. This week it stopped working. All of the check boxes are still checked.
I connect to an Exchange server. Any ideas?

Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I] February 2nd 06 02:44 AM

new mail alert isn't working

Exchange Server pushes new email notifications to outlook clients via UDP as
messages arrive. If you aren't getting notifications or new mail suddenly
appears when you change folders, you may have a UDP connectivity issue:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/311506/en-us
OL2000: You Cannot Receive New E-mail Notifications
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/839226/en-us
The Outlook Find feature and the new mail notifications do not work after
you apply Windows XP Service Pack 2
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/264035/en-us
No way to configure port for UDP new mail notification packets

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE --