Outlook test works but real email gets 530 error

Old January 31st 06, 06:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Wizzer

Default Outlook test works but real email gets 530 error

I can receive emails but suddenly I can't send. I've followed instructions re
SMTP which seems OK. Test works fine - emails go and get returned but real
emails say I need to turn on SMTP - which I have. I've tried rebooting but
same problem. Any help greatly appreciated
Old February 1st 06, 11:39 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
neo [mvp outlook]

After the "530" error code, should be a short blurb on what must be
accomplished in order to send messages. Now if I was to take a guess, the
error code could mean that in order to send messages, Outlook has to
authenticate first. If I'm on the right track, keep reading.

If you have any type of security product installed (e.g. antivirus,
antispam, personal firewall, .etc) that can scan *outgoing* e-mail, you need
to uninstall/reinstall your security product w/out this feature enabled.
The reason why is that these programs act as a middle man between Outlook
and the mail server and generally do not support SMTP servers that require
authentication.

/neo

Old February 1st 06, 03:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Wizzer

Thanks. I uninstalled Anti Virus - still the same problem. Interestingly one
of my email addresses worked OK that is on a different mail server, which
seems strange if anti virus is the problem.

I resolved the problem by then deleting existing email account and resetting
up.

Can't say I'm convinced I really know what caused or resolved the situation
if it occurs again though.

"Wizzer" wrote in message
I can receive emails but suddenly I can't send. I've followed instructions
re
SMTP which seems OK. Test works fine - emails go and get returned but real
emails say I need to turn on SMTP - which I have. I've tried rebooting but
same problem. Any help greatly appreciated

outlook 2003 keeps dying without giving me a real error message Dica Outlook - General Queries 1 March 8th 06 01:35 PM
Test TB Outlook - General Queries 1 February 11th 06 08:12 PM
Outlook 2002 test message. Wendy Outlook - General Queries 1 February 10th 06 09:50 AM
Cannot send when authentication required (error 530) jrm Outlook - Installation 0 January 12th 06 12:02 AM
Unable to send test message when setting up email account Brad Outlook - General Queries 9 January 11th 06 02:44 PM