Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - Installation (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-installation/)
-   -   Send-Receive not Working (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-installation/2116-send-receive-not-working.html)

Amit January 23rd 06 07:10 AM

Send-Receive not Working

Hi,
I'm not able to send receive mails using outlook 2003. Details of th problem
below:
1. OS is Win XP / SP2.
2. Whenever I try send-receive, nothing happens, even when i click on Tools
- Options - Mail Setup - Send/Receive nothing happens. New messages are
not sent and messages are not received.
3. When i setup my account, test mail is sent properly. the settings are
working fine on outlook express.
4. the outlook stopped working when my system adminstrator changed my
account type from "Administrator" to "Power User"
Is it soemthing to do with rights? The Administrator also removed some
programs. Am i missing some dlls?
I've tried reinstalling / repairing also.
Thanks in advance.
Amit

thekman January 24th 06 09:48 AM

Send-Receive not Working

Amit Wrote:
[...]

I don't think its a rights issue nor do I think you are missing dll's.
It sounds like a set-up problem. Try a send/receive but go to tools and
send/receive setting and show progress. Hope this helps you get on the
right track.

--
thekman