Outlook 2002 .pst to OL 2003

Old July 18th 06, 12:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
GG

Default Outlook 2002 .pst to OL 2003

I am trying to migrate my data from an old machine running Outlook 2002 to a
new machine running Outlook 2003. I can export the file from the old
machine to a jumpdrive and plug it in to my new machine, but when I try to
import the file nothing happens. I can go all the way through the
Import/Export Wizard and hit Finish, but the data is not in my Personal
Folders. Do you have any idea where I might be going wrong? Thanks.

GG

Old July 18th 06, 01:13 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I]

DO NOT import unless you want your Outlook profile corrupted. Move your
Outlook message store file from the old computer to the new one and reuse
it:

Reconnect your old Outlook data file

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE --

Old July 18th 06, 01:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
GG

Thanks for the reply. Does this take into account that the two .pst files
are in a different format? thanks.

Old July 18th 06, 09:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I]

You can continue to use your old (ANSI format) .PST file, or you can copy
(NOT Import) your data from the old .PST file to a new Unicode format .PST
file.

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE --

Old January 4th 07, 10:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
moishie

"Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I]" wrote:

You can continue to use your old (ANSI format) .PST file, or you can copy
(NOT Import) your data from the old .PST file to a new Unicode format .PST
file.

how does one copy from the old PST to the new uniocde one?
is it just a matter of dragging the folders over from one to the other?

Thanks!

Old January 5th 07, 01:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman

moishie wrote:

"Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I]" wrote:

You can continue to use your old (ANSI format) .PST file, or you can
copy (NOT Import) your data from the old .PST file to a new Unicode
format .PST file.

how does one copy from the old PST to the new uniocde one?
is it just a matter of dragging the folders over from one to the
other?

For the non-default folders, yes. For the default folders, no. The method
has been posted numerous times. See:
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.outlook.general/msg/fe4f6aecf94baeff
--
Brian Tillman

Old January 5th 07, 06:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
moishie

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

For the non-default folders, yes. For the default folders, no. The method
has been posted numerous times. See:

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.outlook.general/msg/fe4f6aecf94baeff
--

Thanks Brian - ai appreciate the time you have given me.
What does it mean exactly default and non-default? are these default/non

Many thanks!
Old January 5th 07, 04:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman

moishie wrote:

What does it mean exactly default and non-default? are these
default/non default mail folders only?

The default folders are the ones Outlook creates automatically: Calendar,
Contacts, Deleted Items, Drafts, Inbox, Journal, Junk E-mail (for some
versions of Outlook), Notes, Outbox, Sent Items, and Tasks. The non-default
ones are those you created yourself.

i see i can copy over the calendar items by changing to list view.
but what about contacts?

In Contacts, just use CTRL-A, as in most folders. Calendar is the only one
for which you may need to change the view.
--
Brian Tillman

Old January 7th 07, 12:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
moishie

Thanks Brian - it took me a while, but as you say - not too difficult.

Thanks for all the help!