Reinstall

Old January 10th 06, 04:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman

Default Reinstall

fhitz wrote:

How do I reinstall Outlook 2002 XP? It won't open and has OLE
registration error and says to reinstall. I put in the Office 2002
XP CD and ran the program for Outlook (hope I did it right) but I
still can't do anything. All other programs run fine.

Click StartRun and enter the following:

regsvr32 ole32.dll
--
Brian Tillman
Old January 10th 06, 10:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
fhitz

Thanks, but it still has the same OLE registratiion message. Questiion: I
know the email server had to be rebuilt. Could the OLE registration have
anything to do with that and not with my computer?

Old January 11th 06, 04:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman

fhitz wrote:

Thanks, but it still has the same OLE registratiion message.
Questiion: I know the email server had to be rebuilt. Could the OLE
registration have anything to do with that and not with my computer?

The state of your mail server cannot produce that error on the client
machine.
--
Brian Tillman

Old January 12th 06, 05:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman

fhitz wrote:

That's what I thought. Any other ideas?

Alas, not from me.
--
Brian Tillman
Old January 31st 06, 12:33 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Joakim Wik

Yeah!!!! That regsv32 thing fixed my problem! Thanks a lot Brian! :-) :-) :-)!!

I got yesterday, out of the blue, a very similar error message like him when
I hit the replay button in Outlook 2003.
I have tried the Office Professional 2003 repair function, tried
reinstalling, tried to uninstall the hole Office 2003 and then installing it
again. Nothing of that worked. I even tried to use the Windows XP
Professional system restore to go back a week in time, but that totally
messed up the hole Office package so I had to undo that. I was now very close
to start the extensive and boring!! process of reinstalling the hole
computer, but thanks to that simple reg tricks I am now very very happy guy.
Thanks again!

Best regards Joakim Wik

Old January 31st 06, 03:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman

Joakim Wik Joakim wrote:

Yeah!!!! That regsv32 thing fixed my problem!

I'm glad.
--
Brian Tillman
Old June 5th 07, 06:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Corndog

Thanks for the heads up, I just had a simple OLE registration error,
something to the fact that Word and Outlook weren't the same version. Anyway,
that regsvr32 ole32.dll did the trick and it appears to work fine now.
Thanks again
-Corndog

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

fhitz wrote:

How do I reinstall Outlook 2002 XP? It won't open and has OLE
registration error and says to reinstall. I put in the Office 2002
XP CD and ran the program for Outlook (hope I did it right) but I
still can't do anything. All other programs run fine.

Click StartRun and enter the following:

regsvr32 ole32.dll
--
Brian Tillman

Uninstall and reinstall. Mike Abbott Outlook - General Queries 1 February 15th 06 05:03 PM
Impossible to reapir or reinstall Outlook xe1bj Outlook - General Queries 4 February 2nd 06 05:57 AM
Reinstall fhitz Outlook - Installation 3 January 13th 06 01:39 AM
Registry error after reinstall in 2002 Kathy Weise Outlook - General Queries 2 January 8th 06 02:27 PM