Wrong from address

Old June 22nd 06, 04:13 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
John

Default Wrong from address

I have several IMAP mailboxes, with an Inbox folder under each.

When I click on a given Inbox, and click New email, I want the email to be
addressed FROM that mailbox (of course). Outlook addresses it from one of
the other mailboxes (the default, I would guess).

Does anyone know a way around this?
Old June 22nd 06, 03:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman

John wrote:

I have several IMAP mailboxes, with an Inbox folder under each.

When I click on a given Inbox, and click New email, I want the email
to be addressed FROM that mailbox (of course). Outlook addresses it
from one of the other mailboxes (the default, I would guess).

Does anyone know a way around this?

The only way around it is for you to choose the account with the Accounts
drop-down.
--
Brian Tillman

Old June 23rd 06, 01:53 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
John

Yep, that works. But I don't want to have to do, or remember to do that
every time. Email is going to get all mixed up in different boxes. What a
shame. Guess I'll have to go back to my web interface again.

Old June 23rd 06, 07:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman

John wrote:

Yep, that works. But I don't want to have to do, or remember to do
that every time.

Surely your brain is trainable enough that after only a few mistakes that it
will remember. Mine was.
--
Brian Tillman

Old June 23rd 06, 10:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
John

You know, that sounds reasonable for most of the emails. But to have to do
that for every email, I'll probably miss one here and there. And then I will
have email sent from the wrong company (that is not good).

To not have the from-address match the account I'm sending from is absurd.
I can't imaging what MS was thinging there (or not thinking, I guess).

Old June 24th 06, 08:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
John

Thanks for the dialoge, Brian.

I think I'm going to look into writing a macro for this, since this is
important to me. Despite some of the lockups, and quirks, I have always
loved Outlook. So I don't want to give that up. And now that I'm using
IMAP, rather than POP3, I get the best of both worlds (can use both
interfaces).
Old June 26th 06, 04:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman

John wrote:

I think I'm going to look into writing a macro for this, since this is
important to me.

I wish you luck. If the code you add does what you need, you might want to
share it with others. A good place for that is at
http://www.outlookcode.com/ . In fact, there may be something already there
that may help do what you need.
--
Brian Tillman

Old July 4th 06, 03:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Victor Ivanidze

John,

test this Outlook COM add-in:
http://www.ivasoft.biz/files/RightAccount.zip
It can work only with Outlook 2003 though.

Regards,

Victor Ivanidze
www.ivasoft.biz

Old July 6th 06, 01:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Victor Ivanidze

You'll find the details he
http://www.ivasoft.biz/rightaccount.shtml

Regards,