disable quicksearch in Outlook 2007 Beta

Old May 31st 06, 10:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
rickpaul

Default disable quicksearch in Outlook 2007 Beta

After installing outlook 2007, I constantly get nagged that I need to
download the Microsoft Desktop Search in order to use the quicksearch
function.

I do not want the Microsoft desktop search tool, and I do not want to get
nagged every time I use outlook.

Give us the ability to hide the quicksearch bar, or at least remove the nag
alert.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...installat ion
Old June 1st 06, 04:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
mstout2001

What you are actually downloading is the program that allows you to
quicksearch your email. I didnt want to download it either but I did thinking
Im going to get this new toolbar on my Internet explorer and all. But this
tool is actually very useful. When in outlook and I cant find a email I can
enter in some of the words im looking for and it searches the email folders
nothing else. So you may want to get this for the benefits are great.

Old June 5th 06, 04:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

For answers to that and other common questions related to Outlook 2007 search, see http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2006/up060525.htm#search

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP