added Gmail but don't see new inbox

Old May 23rd 06, 10:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Shiloh

Default added Gmail but don't see new inbox

I just added Gmail to Outlook. My hotmail account shows a separate folder,
but nothing is showing up for Gmail. The "tes settings" came out fine.
Old May 23rd 06, 10:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman

Shiloh wrote:

I just added Gmail to Outlook. My hotmail account shows a separate
folder, but nothing is showing up for Gmail. The "tes settings" came
out fine.

POP accounts don't get separate folder sets like HTTP accounts. They use
the delivery location folders.
--
Brian Tillman

Old May 23rd 06, 10:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Shiloh

Thanks. That makes sense. So, where does my Gmail get delivered? I don't see
it anywhere, and the settings indicate new mail goes to "personal folders." I
see nothing i those folders. Or am I missing something obvious here?

Old May 24th 06, 03:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman

Shiloh wrote:

Thanks. That makes sense. So, where does my Gmail get delivered? I
don't see it anywhere, and the settings indicate new mail goes to
"personal folders." I see nothing i those folders. Or am I missing
something obvious here?

State your Outlook version for more information.
--
Brian Tillman
Old May 25th 06, 05:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Sam

Could I ask..when you set up your hotmail account, did you have to pay for
it. If not, could you please guide me through it. It keeps saying I have to
pay for their service when my hotmail account with them is free.

Thanks,
Samantha

Old May 25th 06, 06:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman

sam wrote:

Could I ask..when you set up your hotmail account, did you have to
pay for it. If not, could you please guide me through it. It keeps
saying I have to pay for their service when my hotmail account with
them is free.

MSN offers free Hotmail accounts to people who wish to use a web browser to
access the accounts. If you wish to access Hotmail accounts with Outlook or
Outlook Express, you must buy a Hotmail Plus or Hotmail Premium account.
--
Brian Tillman

Trouble with gmail Peter Brown Outlook Express 8 March 17th 06 09:59 PM
Using a Gmail Account Larry Outlook - General Queries 2 January 15th 06 03:27 PM
gmail kgm Outlook Express 2 January 13th 06 10:01 AM
Any Pitfalls when using Gmail? Larry(LJL269) Outlook Express 2 January 10th 06 07:23 AM
Como cadastrar Gmail no OE? Gabriel Melo Outlook Express 0 January 7th 06 08:53 PM