Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - Installation (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-installation/)
-   -   Outgoing mail server not responding (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-installation/13400-outgoing-mail-server-not-responding.html)

No outgoing May 1st 06 11:11 PM

Outgoing mail server not responding

I am using outlook 2003 I just got everything setup and I am able to get mail
but not send it. It says that my outgoing mail server is not responding and
that it could not connect to the outgoing mail server SMTP. It says that it
may be with my server name or port. To go to the advance tab. IT is set for
incoming to be 110 and outgoing 25. I have dsl connection and that tab is set
to LAN.

Can you help me please.

Matt Baumgartner

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] May 2nd 06 06:09 AM

Outgoing mail server not responding

Did you check the option to have your mail authenticate to the outgoing
server using the incoming server credentials?

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, No outgoing asked:

No outgoing May 2nd 06 08:44 PM

Outgoing mail server not responding

yes i did

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

Did you check the option to have your mail authenticate to the outgoing
server using the incoming server credentials?

--Â

[email protected] May 2nd 06 09:28 PM

Outgoing mail server not responding

well i'm gald to be able to help.
try to replace your SMTP server from (((SMTP.gmail.com))) to
((SMTP.googlemail.com))
first i faces such this problem i solved it by replacing it as i said.
please do heistate to ask about any farther information.