Business Contact Manager update Q

Old April 20th 06, 10:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Phil Partridge

Default Business Contact Manager update Q

All,

Is anyone using, or supporting a Client using BCM?

If so, how have you dealt with backup, or where it puts the database(s)
it creates?

I have just got a copy, and put it (admittedly on a s/a machine) to see
what you get, and to get an idea what I will be taking on support-wise.
Standalone, it has dumped the MSDE on the local machine.. Fine as I do
not have a Server, or MS SQL Server here.
Will it discover and use the SBS component? - Talking SBS2000 for the
first Client who will get it.

Many resources (even Microsoft) seem to be dated back to 2003, when it
first came out. They suggest it is a little sluggish, and it appears so
on a W2k 2.4Ghz P4.

Any thoughts, and caveats, gratefully received. - I do NOT want to end
up with data on client machines if I can help it.

TIA,
Philip Partridge
Old April 20th 06, 12:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

No, BCM always uses a local database, by design.

And it has its own newsgroup at microsoft.public.outlook.bcm.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Old April 20th 06, 06:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Phil Partridge

In article , Sue Mosher [MVP-
Outlook] writes
No, BCM always uses a local database, by design.

And it has its own newsgroup at microsoft.public.outlook.bcm.

Many thanks, had missed said group..
Will 'lurk' there, and then ask some other Q's if I can't find the
answers.

Regards,
Philip Partridge