Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - Installation (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-installation/)
-   -   error 0x8007007E (outlook 2003, when receiving mail via pop3) (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-installation/11916-error-0x8007007e-outlook-2003-when.html)

volker.badziong April 18th 06 03:15 PM

error 0x8007007E (outlook 2003, when receiving mail via pop3)

hi,

system: winxppro sp2, latest updates + outlook 2003, sp2 and latest update
problem: outlook will not receive mails via pop3 account stating "unknown
error 0x8007007E". although, if you push the button "test account settings",
all 5 steps complete successfully (and a test message is sent).

the underlying PST file is newly created. i also tried to use an already
existant one wihtout success.
i ran SCANPST and there is no error.

i have set up many systems but never received this error...

thanks for any input, volker ;)

volker.badziong April 18th 06 07:18 PM

error 0x8007007E (outlook 2003, when receiving mail via pop3)

update:
reinstalling outlook and all updates solved the problem, but still, the
cause for this problem is unknown.

robfoley April 19th 06 08:54 PM

error 0x8007007E (outlook 2003, when receiving mail via pop3)

I have had the exact same problem since last week. It seems to occur
when an automatic update occurs. When this is done I also can not SAVE
AS in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, or open the drop down menu in IE. If
anyone can help, I would be very grateful.

Desperate