Where else to find folders of emails on a computer?

Old February 4th 10, 04:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Charlie

Default Where else to find folders of emails on a computer?

We are using Outlook 2007 with Exchange server. We have a user who has been
moving his emails off of the Exchange server to some folders he created or by
Auto Archive feature in Outlook 2007. He basically drag and drop the emails
from his Exchange server Inbox to his folders on the left side. The question
is, where are all of these folders full of emails located on the local
computer? At first I thought it must have been the Auto Archive feature that
kicks in every 14 days and created those folders for him to be able to drag
and drop, but when I check the following location the archive.pst file size
is very small.

C:\Documents and Settings\%your username%\Local Settings\Application
Data\Microsoft\Outlook\

The total folders of emails must be about 1 to 2GB in file size. Where else
on the local machine could Outlook had put it?

Any help is much appreciated.
Old February 4th 10, 05:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
DL[_2_]

Outlook will set up any archive, or other data file it creates in the
location specified by the user
I would do a search for *.pst to include hidden locations

news

Old February 4th 10, 06:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

"Charlie" wrote in message
news
[...]

Ask Outlook where those files are. FileData File Management and
ToolsOptionsOtherAutoArchive. It's conceivable he also has other archive
PSTs assigned to specific folders, and you can find that by examining the
properties of the Exchange folders.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old February 4th 10, 07:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Charlie

Right now the computer has been partitioned, formatted and install Windows XP
on it. I'm using a data recovery software to recover any .pst files but so
far I have not found any credible .pst files that contains 4-6 years of
emails. The archive.pst file size is quite small. For now, I will assume that
the user does not know how to redirect the Auto archive folder to other
places on the machine or network drive.
Old February 4th 10, 07:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

"Charlie" wrote in message

Right now the computer has been partitioned, formatted and install Windows
XP
on it. I'm using a data recovery software to recover any .pst files but so
far I have not found any credible .pst files that contains 4-6 years of
emails. The archive.pst file size is quite small. For now, I will assume
that
the user does not know how to redirect the Auto archive folder to other
places on the machine or network drive.

Good luck with that. I think it's unlikely you'll get the data back.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old February 4th 10, 08:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Kathleen Orland[_2_]

Have you considered that the user may have saved each email as a .msg file
or even an .htm file? They could be stored anywhere on the computer.

news

Old February 24th 10, 12:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
News from OZ

If your using Exchange also look for .OST

--
Dan Field
(Reg Grad Surveyor)
"Kathleen Orland" wrote in message
Have you considered that the user may have saved each email as a .msg file
or even an .htm file? They could be stored anywhere on the computer.

news

Old February 24th 10, 01:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

"News from OZ" wrote in message

If your using Exchange also look for .OST

No need. The OST is simply a reflection of what's in the Exchange mailbox and
will be recreated to match when the account is created.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]