Two lists of contact folders

Old January 22nd 10, 04:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Margaret Bartley[_2_]

Default Two lists of contact folders

Outlook 2003 sp3
Internet version (Stand-alone, at home)

It appears that there are two lists of Contact folders in my Outlook
application.

One list is the list that shows up in the Folders pane of Outlook when I
have Contacts group selected. It has the following entries:

Contacts [644] -[This is bold]
SML 100106A
SML 100106B
SML 100106C
SML 100122A
SML 100122B
SML 100122C

All seven of these entries have an icon of a contact card to the left of it.

This is also the list that shows up when I go to Tools | E-mail accounts,
and select "View or change existing directories or address books".

The last six entries are folders I created as part of my mailing list
duties.

The second list shows up when I add a new contact folder, either by using
the menu bar: File | New... | Create New Folder
or when I right-click on the Contacts folder in the Folders pane of Outlook.

It is a different list, with some overlapping items.

[folder icon] SML 081017
[folder icon] SML 081219-1
[folder icon] SML 090105
[folder icon] SML 090113
+[single contact icon] SML 1000106 A
[single contact icon] SML 100122 A
[single contact icon] SML 100122 B
[single contact icon] SML 100122 C
[single contact icon] SML 1000106 B
[single contact icon] SML 1000106 C

I can't find these first four, that have folder icons next to them, anywhere
that I can delete them.
I guess it doesn't really hurt to have them there, but I'd like to clean it
up.
The only place they show up is in the Create New Folder dialog box, which
does not have a delete option.

Any suggestions?

Old January 22nd 10, 07:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Sue Mosher [MVP][_4_]

From your description it sounds like these folders

[folder icon] SML 081017
[folder icon] SML 081219-1
[folder icon] SML 090105
[folder icon] SML 090113

are not contacts folders. They are mail/post folders for which your contacts
folders and subfolders. You can delete them from the Folder List navigation
pane, but doing so will also delete the subfolders beneath them.

Why do you think they need to be deleted?
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

.

Old January 26th 10, 08:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Margaret Bartley[_2_]

Yes, thank you. In order to get more space, I had hidden the "Folder List"
tab in my Folders pane, so I didn't see it there. Thank you.
I just wanted to clean it up - they were empty and not being used. I hate
not knowing what things are.

From your description it sounds like these folders