Outlook 2007 shows line through deleted items

Old January 15th 10, 05:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Debbie

Default Outlook 2007 shows line through deleted items

Hi all -

Using Outlook 2007 in Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. I am using two accounts
-one is standard POP3 and the other is an IMAP from MS_web access exchange
2003.

In the IMAP account. when I delete an email that is under a RULE, the item
gets a line through it instead of going away from the inbox.

Please advise!

Thanks so much!
--
Debbie
Old January 15th 10, 06:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Gordon[_3_]

Debbie wrote:

Hi all -

Using Outlook 2007 in Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. I am using two accounts
-one is standard POP3 and the other is an IMAP from MS_web access exchange
2003.

In the IMAP account. when I delete an email that is under a RULE, the item
gets a line through it instead of going away from the inbox.

Please advise!

Thanks so much!

That's correct behaviour for IMAP. You can set Outlook to hide messages
maked for deletion...

Old January 15th 10, 10:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook][_2_]

F1.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

ALWAYS post your Outlook version.

After furious head scratching, Debbie asked:

Old January 16th 10, 05:21 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Debbie

F1 on my computer turns on and off my internet access. Please give me the
steps with outlook menus?

Thanks again!
--
Debbie

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

F1.

--

.

Old January 16th 10, 08:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

F1 is for Help.

The line means you are marking items for deletion - this is how it works
with IMAP accounts. You need to purge the folder to delete them. Look for
purge on the Edit menu.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Poll: What version of Exchange server do you use?

.