email for today not showing up till tomorrow

Old January 13th 10, 02:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
[email protected]

Default email for today not showing up till tomorrow

an odd one this is. in outlook 2003 my wife sometimes doesn't see
today's email until tomorrow. I've even picked up her laptop and given
it a good talking to but no luck. any ideas?

thanks
Old January 13th 10, 02:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Is it not arriving until tomorrow or does the group header say "tomorrow"?
If the group header is wrong, either her computer or the mail server has the
wrong date and/or time zone.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Poll: What version of Exchange server do you use?

Old January 14th 10, 03:47 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
[email protected]

hi I could have been clearer. the mail is downloaded but sometimes
shows up in the inbox until the next day. very odd. shades of lewis
carrol. "email yesterday, and email tomorrow, but never email today!"

Old January 14th 10, 05:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Are you sure its getting downloaded?
What type of email account?
Are there any views applied that might be hiding new mail?

Old January 15th 10, 03:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
[email protected]

Yes it's absolutely getting downloaded. my wife clarified that
sometimes the mail does appear the same day but later in the
afternoon.

I'll try to check this further - I am a highly experienced software
engineer, so perhaps I'll spot something I miissed in my previous
investigation.

Old January 15th 10, 08:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
[email protected]

unfortunately not. it is also not consistent. some days this happens,
some not. I can be sure by the way that the email gets downloaded,
because the server inbox is empty. I've changed her settings for now,
so that she can read mail online when this happens.

I'll just try to collect some more clues when it next occurs, but I am
not often home to witness it.

this is outlook 2003, in case I hadn't mentioned that.

thanks for helping.

Old January 15th 10, 09:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Do you have an antivirus scanning incoming mail? They will cause email
problems, although I've never seen them delay mail for long periods.