Outlook 2007 suggest name while completing stop working

Old January 12th 10, 09:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Amy Jones

Default Outlook 2007 suggest name while completing stop working

We are using Microsoft Vista and Outlook 2007.
The suggest name while compleing suddenly stop working.
Yes, these are all check marked as before.
Tools - Options - E-mail options - Advanced E-mail options -
[x] automatic name checking
[x] suggest name while completing To, CC, and BCC fields.

also, check spelling as you type is not working, Yes, these are all check
marked as befo

Tools - Options - Spelling - spelling and autoCorrection - Proofing -
[x] check spelling as you type

Old January 12th 10, 09:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Russ Valentine

Autocompletion is not a robust or reliable feature. It frequently stops
working usually because Outlook loses its connection to its autocompletion
cache. This can happen for a number of reasons, most often because Outlook
is not exiting completely and thus not writing to the cache. Make sure you
run no add-ins or sync software that might hold Outlook open after you exit.
After you find and resolve the problem that is preventing Outlook from
exiting properly, you may need to create a new Outlook profile to get
autocompletion to work again. If you're lucky you'll be able to migrate your
old cache to the new profile following directions he
http://www.ingressor.com/autocompletetips.htm

--
Russ Valentine

Old January 13th 10, 05:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Amy Jones

Thank you Russ.
OK. I found this outlook.nk2 file.
Yes, we are all having problem with this Ourlook 2007 "data file not closed
properly" regularly (sometimes almostly daily occurance). The only way we
found to fix this is to go and compact the outlook datafile. Is there anyway
to fix this autocomplete cache problem?

Old January 13th 10, 09:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
DL[_2_]

Then you need to ascertain what is holding Outlook open as a running
process. There's little point in doing anything else until you cure this
fundamental problem

Old January 13th 10, 10:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Russ Valentine

The problem you need to fix is why Outlook is not closing properly. Some
common reasons why Outlook will not shut down completely when you click
either the X or Exit:

1. PDA synchronization software with your PDA in the cradle. (activesync,
iTunes, etc.)
2. WinFax Pro (especially 10.02 in Outlook 2003) - contact their support
for an alleged fix.
3. Franklin-Covey Plan Plus!
4. COM Add-ins.
5. Mail reminder add-ins that keep a stub of Outlook open in the background
to check for new mail and fire reminders.
6. Anti-virus/firewall programs that are set to scan incoming and outgoing
mail.
7. Skype
8. Infuzer
9. Google calendar synch.

Disable all COM addins and remove the integration with your firewall and AV.

Open Outlook in Safe mode and start/stop Outlook every time after adding
back in your add-ins one by one. The first one you have enabled and the
error message occurs again, you know what to do.

--
Russ Valentine

Old January 15th 10, 11:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Amy Jones

OK, Russ. We use only two in your list. (Me think!).
#5 - I do not think we use any Outlook mail reminder. How can I check in our
Outlook 2007?

#6 we were using McAfee last year. Now we switch to Trend Micro Internet
Security Pro.
Yes, we only check mark the [x] threats in incoming mail.
#7 Yes, we are regular Skype user, version 4.1.0.179.
No, we never use "contacts - show outlook contacts" We assume it is default
disabled?
Is there anyway we can disable this?

No, we neither know what is Outlook add-ins nor use any Outlook add-ins. But
just to be sure, how can we check we have any?

Thank you.

Old January 15th 10, 11:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Russ Valentine

I'm not sure you need to worry about other add-ins for now. You already have
other likely culprits. I can't solve the exit problems you have that are
caused by other programs for you. That's their job because it's their fault.
You most certainly should disable any email integration any AV program has
with Outlook and contact Skype for their latest solutions for preventing a
clean Outlook exit. Good luck.
--
Russ Valentine
#5 - I do not think we use any Outlook mail reminder. How can I check in
our Outlook 2007?

#6 we were using McAfee last year. Now we switch to Trend Micro Internet
Security Pro.
Yes, we only check mark the [x] threats in incoming mail.
#7 Yes, we are regular Skype user, version 4.1.0.179.